Chinese Simplified to English Translator
We are looking for an English native speaker who is fluent in Chinese Simplified for translating medical and other scientific documentation from Chinese Simplified to English. The translator should be familiar with life science terminology and linguistic and cultural nuances regarding matters of health. The translator should be able to provide clear, accurate, and natural renditions maintaining the meaning and tone of the original text.
We encourage translators with a life science background and translating experience to apply. In lieu of translating experience, we will consider bilingual scientists who have published in scientific journals and demonstrated extraordinary writing skills. Professional translators with academic specialization and proven experience in the medical translation field are also welcome to apply.
- Translate various types of content in documents, websites and software from English to Chinese Simplified
- Follow our translation style guide
- Comply with glossary entries
- Meet deadlines
- Speak English as a first language
- Be fluent in Chinese Simplified
- Possess a computer and a full-time Internet connection
- Excellent proofreading skills with the ability to identify grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors
- At least 5 years of translation experience
Nice to have
- Publications in scientific journals
- Fluency in additional languages other than English or Chinese Simplified
- Desktop publishing experience
- Familiarity with translation tools
- Translator certification
What's desirable about this job?
- Great supporting team
- Work life balance
- Job flexibility
- Create translations that will make a difference in the communities we serve
- Real autonomy in a fast-evolving company